Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ken Mehlman, Former RNC Chairman, Comes out of the Closet – Mehlman Reveal’s He’s Gay

Ken Mehlman, the former RNC Chairman, has revealed that he is gay. Ken Mehlman coming out of the closet is a very controversial story for the conservatives, as he is the highest profile Republican leader to ever come out of the closet.


Mehlman was also the campaign manager for George W Bush during his 2004 re-election campaign. He served as the RNC Chairman from 2005 to 2007.


He issued the following statement:


"It's taken me 43 years to get comfortable with this part of my life. Everybody has their own path to travel, their own journey, and for me, over the past few months, I've told my family, friends, former colleagues, and current colleagues, and they've been wonderful and supportive. The process has been something that's made me a happier and better person. It's something I wish I had done years ago."

Ted Olsen, a prominent republican lawyer and former solicitor general is leading the way against Prop 8. This means that Olsen is for gay marriage.


The current RNC chairman supports Mehlman and congratulates him on his announcement.


Society is becoming more and more accepting of gays and lesbians. Had he come out during his reign as RNC Chairman, it would have been a major scandal. However, it’s great that he’s able to come out and have support of prominent members of his party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails